Upcoming Press Event: Sequestration’s Impact on NIH, from Patients to Research to Jobs
September 13th, 2012
Do the American people support protecting lifesaving medical research from the sequester? What will the sequester do to the National Institutes of Health and the scientists it funds? How will it impact growth and innovation in the U.S. life science industry and research tools sector?
Join United for Medical Research, Research!America, leaders from business and government and other special guests as we reveal new polling results on medical research and sequestration and discuss the sequester’s potential impact on the entire innovation ecosystem. Speakers will provide their unique perspectives on the impact of these deep cuts to their critical work to advance medical progress, from patients, to researchers, to employees in the life sciences sector.
WHEN: Thursday, September 20, 9:30 AM to 10:30 AM (Breakfast available at 9:00 AM)
WHERE: The National Press Club, Fourth Estate Room, 529 14th Street NW, 13th Floor
- Brian Bilbray, U.S. Representative, R – California
- John Zogby, Pollster
- Mary Whooley, President and CEO, Research!America
- Vince Forlenza, Chief Executive Officer, BD
- Carrie Wolinetz, Ph.D., President, United for Medical Research
- Anastasia Albanese-O’Neill, RN, Volunteer, American Diabetes Association
RSVP: By Tuesday, September 18, to email@example.com (space is limited)